- 0 Comments
If you are just now beginning to apply for Medicare, here is a list of Do’s and Don’ts that will help you through the process:
1. Don’t be afraid to ask questions. Many people are reluctant to ask questions and instead just try to figure out the details of Medicare on their own. Here at Armor Insurance Services, we are happy to answer any questions you have about Medicare. Just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will answer any comments or questions you have!
2. Do take your time when learning about Medicare. It is vital to be well-informed about Medicare before choosing what health plan is best for you. Take your time and don’t rush through the information.
3. Don’t worry if you have a limited income. There are Medicare savings programs for people with limited incomes. For more information, click here.
4. Don’t expect to be told when it’s time to sign up. You won’t receive an official notice when it’s time to enroll. It is important to be aware of the enrollment periods.
5. Do enroll on time. In order to avoid permanent late penalties, you should make sure to enroll when you are supposed to. For information on enrollment, click here.
6. Don’t expect Medicare to cover everything. Be aware that there are Medicare gaps, even though Medicare does cover a wide range of health services. Medigap insurance covers health care costs that Medicare doesn’t, such as copayments, coinsurance, and deductibles.
7. Don’t assume that Medicare covers dependents. Those under the age of 65 are not eligible for Medicare, except if they qualify through disability. Medicare does not offer family coverage.